This Black & Decker G48TD 3-in-1 Classic (Thin) Waffle Maker & Indoor Grill/Griddle review will give you an overview of the best features of this 3-in-1 traditional thin waffle maker, indoor grill and griddle. It will tell you exactly what to expect from this appliance that makes thin waffles and also doubles as an indoor grill and griddle. So if you are looking for an appliance that comes with two cooking surfaces and that allows you to make the traditional waffles that your mother use to make as well as pancakes, sandwiches, bacon and eggs, then you may want to take a look at this choice over the hugely popular Belgian style waffle makers that you see everywhere these days. You can use this appliance to make old-fashioned thin waffles, pancakes, bacon, eggs and sandwiches. It is a well-built, attractive waffle and sandwich maker that will give you great results at an affordable price. At a cost of under $50, you will get a lot of value for your money from this device.
|Features and Specifications|
|Makes waffles and sandwiches||Yes||Yes|
|Bakes pancakes, bacon, eggs, sausages, hash browns||Yes||No|
|Accepts regular size bread slices||Yes||Yes|
|Waffle Capacity (Maximum Number of Waffles Baked at One Time)||4||2|
|Size of Waffles||4 x 4 inches square|
1/2 inch thick
|4.5 x 4.5 inches square
1/2 inch thick
|Sandwich Capacity (Maximum Number of Sandwiches Baked at One Time)||2 or more||2|
|Number of Cooking Surfaces||2||1|
|Variable Temperature Control||Yes||Yes|
|Baking Time||5 minutes||5 minutes|
|Audible Alert Signal (indicates when waffle is done baking)||No||No|
|Ready To Bake Indicator Light||Yes||Yes|
|Ready To Eat Indicator Light||Yes||Yes|
|Grease Runoff Channels||Yes||No|
|Dimensions||14 x 13.1 x 6.2 inches||12.7 x 11.9 x 6.8 inches|
|Weight||7.8 pounds||4.5 pounds|
We will walk you through some of the features that you get, look at some of the customer reviews and you will also be able to see some of the features that it has and decide whether this is the one that you want to go for.
Table of Contents
- 1 Pros
- 2 Features for the Black & Decker G48TD 3-in-1 Traditional Waffle Maker For Thin Waffles & Indoor Grill/Griddle:
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 4 Customer Reviews for the Black & Decker G48TD 3-in-1 Traditional Waffle Maker For Thin Waffles & Indoor Grill/Griddle:
- bakes 4 traditional thin waffles at the same time
- top opens flat to give you two cooking surfaces
- interchangeable plates allow you to make breakfast, lunch and dinner
- comes with nonstick removable plates that makes it easy to clean
- grease runoff channels along the edge of this appliance carry away any oily residue, leaving your food as healthy as it is tasty
- variable temperature control dial will let you control the amount of heat you want for your waffles, sandwiches, pancakes, eggs
- can be stored upright in a kitchen cabinet
- top folds back to give you two separate cooking surfaces for waffles, pancakes, eggs, bacon, etc.
Features for the Black & Decker G48TD 3-in-1 Traditional Waffle Maker For Thin Waffles & Indoor Grill/Griddle:
- Versatile three-in-one appliance: waffle maker, grill, griddle
- top opens flat to give you two cooking surfaces
- Comes with two reversible 8×8” flat cooking surfaces
- One side of the reversible cooking plates features deep grids so you can make four large, fluffy waffles. The other side of the plates is flat so you can use it as a grill for making pancakes, sandwiches, steaks, hamburgers, eggs and bacon.
- Grids bake four waffles and reverse for top-and-bottom sandwich grilling
- 180 Degree Hinge – The unique hinge doubles the available cooking area, giving you a large, flat griddle surface for more cooking options. Top folds back to create two 8×8″ inch-square griddles for pancakes, eggs, etc.
- Multiple Servings – The 8×8” cooking surface has room for four servings. You can make up to eight servings when you lay the top of appliance flat
- Variable heat control; non-stick cooking surfaces wipe clean
- Variable Temperature heat control – Choose the right amount of heat for whatever meal you create. The accurate and reliable temperature dial puts you in control.
- Grease Runoff Channels – George Foreman continues to simplify the process of cooking healthier food. The grease runoff channels along the edge of this versatile grill carry away oily residue, leaving your food as healthy as it is tasty.
- Nonstick Grill Plates – Don’t let the fear of tiresome cleanup keep you from making gourmet meals. The removable nonstick grill plates are easy to clean and tough enough to handle any meal you wish to create.
- Chrome housing
- Heat resistant stay-cool black handles
- stands upright for vertical storage
- 900-watt appliance
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What types of plates does this appliance come with?
Key to the unit’s versatility are two 8-inch-square cooking plates–one set into the product’s bottom and the other into the hinged top. On one side the plates form grids for making four waffles at once. Flipped over to show their flat sides they’re capable of top and bottom grilling a sandwich or steak. To create griddle space, the top opens up flat, forming two 8-inch-square cooking surfaces for all foods that love a griddle–such as pancakes, hash browns, and eggs.
Are the two cooking plates reversible or interchangeable?
Yes they are. The plates will be slightly loose when the lid is open but this is normal with waffle/grill makers that are interchangeable. The plates are secured by little metal clips. The clips secure the plates to the griddle. You can take them out and flip them over to make waffles.
Is this appliance easy to clean?
Yes it is because it has channels that send grease to spouts in the griddles’ corners, where it drains away. Nonstick to release food easily and wipe clean, the cooking plates also can be removed for scrubbing.
What type of temperature control does it come with?
It comes with 3 settings. A heat control offers high, low, and medium temperatures.
Is this appliance visually appealing?
With its chrome housing and stay-cool black synthetic handles, this 900-watt appliance looks great on the counter.
Will this appliance occupy a lot of space?
Afterward, the cord wraps around the hinge, plus you can stand the unit upright for compact storage.
If you are looking for a great non-belgian waffle maker and you also want something that will double as a grill and a griddle all rolled into one and is definitely a choice that you want to consider as it will be very versatile and if you are using the grill to cook bacon for your waffles this is an excellent choice.
You will also get 8 inch squares for the cooking plates and you will get the hinged top as well so they are separated both the waffle making part and the grill part as well so you can use them independently on one side you will get a plate that forms a grill for cooking four waffles at once and then if you flip them over you will be able to use it for grilling a sandwich or steak as well.
The waffle maker will give you a 28 inch squares cooking area and you will be able to cook things such as pancakes, hash Browns and it will have channels to train the grease down outside the griddle as it is slightly sloped as well in its design.
This is of course all nonstick so it is really easy to clean and you should not have to scrub to clean.
If you are looking for a good non-belgian waffle maker and you also want the added benefit of the grill and the griddle then this is definitely well worth checking out and we think you will be very pleased with what you get.
Customer Reviews for the Black & Decker G48TD 3-in-1 Traditional Waffle Maker For Thin Waffles & Indoor Grill/Griddle:
The customer reviews about this waffle maker are very good and you will see that people have rated this five star so if you are looking for a great waffle maker that definitely does the job you need to check this out and we think you will be very pleased with what you get!
At the moment you can pick up the Black & Decker G48TD 3-in-1 Waffle Maker & Indoor Grill/Griddle from Amazon.com for under $50 which will give you a big savings of off of the suggested retail price! Check it out through the link below and see exactly what you get: