The Cuisinart WAF-300 Belgian Waffle Maker with Removable Pancake Plates allows you to make both waffles and pancakes. It can bake 4 4-inch square Belgian waffles or 4 pancakes. These waffles are much thicker than the traditional, crispy waffles that the best thin waffle makers make. This waffle and pancake maker comes with removable plates that have nonstick coatings. This makes it easy to remove the waffles and pancakes from the appliance and it also makes it really easy to clean. These plates are also dishwasher safe so you can place them in your dishwasher which makes this waffle and pancake maker easier to clean than most other appliances. You can use this appliance to make either 4 square Belgian waffles or 4 pancakes at a time. You cannot use the waffle and pancakes plates at the same time. When your waffles or pancakes are done, there is a very loud beeping sound that tells you when they are done and you should turn off the machine. Unfortunately, the machine doesn’t turn itself off and there is no off button so you will have to pull the plug out of the outlet to turn it off.
Table of Contents
- 1 Pros
- 2 Cons
- 3 Video Demonstration Of This Cuisinart Waffle Maker With Removable Plates
- 4 Product Features for the Cuisinart WAF-300 Belgian Waffle Maker with Pancake Plates
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About This Cuisinart Waffle Maker With Removable Plates
- easy to insert or remove plates just by pushing a button on the side
- removable waffle and pancake plates make them easy to clean in your dishwasher
- loud beeping signal tells you when your waffles or pancakes are done baking
- if you don’t like pancakes you can use the pancake plates to make eggs, bacon or sausages instead
- waffles are about the size of a typical piece of bread so they will fit in a toaster so you can freeze them and use them later on
- cannot cook waffles and pancakes at the same time
- no drip tray to catch any excess batter so follow the instructions to pour in the right amount
- no auto shutoff feature so you will have to be ready to turn off the machine yourself
- no off button so you will have to pull the plug out of the outlet to turn it off
- the cord is only 3.5 inches long; short power-supply cord is supplied to reduce the risks resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord by children or animals. Extension cords may be used if the marked electrical rating of the extension cord is at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance.
Video Demonstration Of This Cuisinart Waffle Maker With Removable Plates
Product Features for the Cuisinart WAF-300 Belgian Waffle Maker with Pancake Plates
- Housing – Elegant brushed stainless steel top cover with embossed Cuisinart logo
- Lid Handle – Durable, easy-lift handle that stays cool to the touch
- Includes a set of removable 4-slice Belgian waffle plates and a removable 4-slot pancake plate
- Plates are nonstick coated, removable and dishwasher safe so you can put them in your dishwasher and clean them in a few minutes
- Temperature control knob comes with six adjustable settings
- Ready to bake red indicator light signals when the power ON
- Ready to eat green indicator light signals when the appliance is ready to cook and when the waffle is ready to eatv
- audible alert – Signals when ready to cook and when waffles are cooked and ready to eat
- Cord Storage – Cord wraps around the back of the unit. Unit stands upright for compact storage
- Rubber Feet – Feet keep unit steady and won’t mark countertop
- Tongs – for flipping and easy removal of cooked foods
- BPA Free – All materials that come in contact with food are BPA free
- upright storage
- tongs and recipe book included
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Color: Silver
- Product Dimensions: 9.7 x 12.2 x 6.3 inches
- Item Weight: 8.2 pounds
- Manufacturer: Cuisinart
- Origin: China
- Item model number: WAF-300
- Average Customer Review Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars based on over 250 customer reviews
- Date first available: October 23, 2013
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About This Cuisinart Waffle Maker With Removable Plates
Is there another waffle and pancake maker that comes with removable plates?
Yes there is another waffle pancake maker with removable plates. However, it will make thin, traditional style waffles instead of the thick Belgian style waffles this appliance makes. The Black+Decker G48TD 3-in-1 Waffle Maker & Indoor Grill/Griddle comes with removable plates. It will allow you to make waffles, bacon, eggs and pancakes. It offers you two nonstick cooking surfaces that you can use at the same time. You can purchase it for under $50.
How does this pancake and waffle maker combo work?
You put in the plug into the outlet and the red indicator light turns on to tell you that it is heating up. Then the green indicator light turns on and the appliance beeps several times when it reaches the proper baking temperature. This is when you put the batter in and lower the lid. The green indicator light will turn off. Then the light will turn back on again and beep when your waffles or pancakes are done baking. The beep is loud enough to get your attention.
Is this Cuisinart waffle maker with removable plates easy to store?
Yes it is. You can store it with the waffle and pancake plates inserted and the cord wrapped securely around the back of the appliance. You can even store it upright for compact storage. You can stand the appliance on the back end with the control panel facing up.
Will this waffle pancake maker with removable plates work in Europe?
No it doesn’t. It is designed to work in the USA only. The bottom says 120 VAC, 60 hz, 1200 watts.