The KitchenAid Belgian waffle maker makes two grand Belgian waffles on CeramiShield non-stick ceramic baking plate. It comes with two sets of separate plates with a CeramaShield non-stick coating in the rotating baking unit that ensure that you can bake two consistent grand Belgian waffles at a time. The unit also features a variety of convenient features like the preheat indicator, digital countdown timer, overbake indicator and automatic shutoff.
|Features and Specifications|
|Ceramic Coating (PTFE and PFOA free)||Yes|
|Variable Temperature Control||Yes|
|Digital Countdown Timer||Yes|
|Baking Time||5 minutes|
|Number of Waffles||2 (divided into 4 sections)|
|Size of Waffles||7 inch square|
1/2 inch thick
|Audible Alert Signal (indicates when waffle is done baking)||Yes|
|Ready To Bake Indicator Light||Yes|
|Ready To Eat Indicator Light||Yes|
|Drip Channel (prevents batter overflow and spills)||Yes|
|Dimensions||9.3 x 16.3 x 10.4 inches|
Table of Contents
- 1 Pros
- 2 Cons
- 3 KitchenAid KWB110OB Waffle Baker with CeramaShield Nonstick Coating – Onyx Black
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4.1 Is the CeramaShield Non-Stick Coating PTFE and PFOA free?
- 4.2 Does this appliance take up a lot of space on your countertop?
- 4.3 What types of waffles does it make?
- 4.4 How long will it take to finish baking the two waffles?
- 4.5 At what temperature are the waffles baked?
- 4.6 Does it have a durable design?
- 4.7 Does it come with a digital display and timer that will tell you when the machine is done baking or do we have to use our own kitchen timer?
- 4.8 How does the baking timer work?
- 4.9 Does it bake both sides at the same time for even baking of the waffles?
- 4.10 Does it come with a drip channel that prevents spills?
- 4.11 Are the non-stick waffle plates easy to clean?
- Nonstick waffle grids are really easy to clean
- Drip channel means no more messy drips
- heats up quickly and makes great waffles in only 5 minutes
- small footprint and easy to store in kitchen cabinet
- digital timer tells you when your waffles are done
- no temperature control
- no removable plates
KitchenAid KWB110OB Waffle Baker with CeramaShield Nonstick Coating – Onyx Black
- Bake two consistent grand Belgian waffles at a time
- Preheat indicator and digital countdown timer
- Over bake indicator
- Automatic shut-off
- Material: Zinc
- Color: Onyx Black
- Product Dimensions: 9.3 x 16.3 x 10.4 inches
- Item Weight: 20 pounds
- Manufacturer: KitchenAid
- ASIN: B00M2VFFY6
- Origin: USA
- Item model number: KWB110OB
- Average Customer Reviews: 4.8 out of 5 stars based on over 40 customer reviews
- Date first available: July 3, 2014
- Price: under $230
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the CeramaShield Non-Stick Coating PTFE and PFOA free?
Yes it is. This non-stick, scratch resistant coating is PTFE and PFOA free so it is safe to use.
Does this appliance take up a lot of space on your countertop?
No it does not. It has a space-saving design that allows the waffle baker to be stored easily on your countertop or in one of your kitchen cabinets.
What types of waffles does it make?
It will bake two Belgian-style waffles at the same time. Both waffles are 7.5 inches in diameter and 1.25 inches thick.
How long will it take to finish baking the two waffles?
It will bake the two thick grand Belgian waffles in less than five minutes. You might want to leave the waffles in for one minute longer if you want them really brown and crispy.
At what temperature are the waffles baked?
They are baked at the optimized temperature. Waffles bake at a constant temperature optimized for the best results.
Does it have a durable design?
Yes it does. Durable die-cast metal base and stainless steel baker lids and handles remain cool to the touch.
Does it come with a digital display and timer that will tell you when the machine is done baking or do we have to use our own kitchen timer?
Yes it does come with a timer and digital display. The digital display makes the baking time easily visible and turns red when the timer reaches zero.
How does the baking timer work?
The waffle browning is controlled with a baking timer. The baking timer display shows the remaining baking time in minutes and seconds.
Does it bake both sides at the same time for even baking of the waffles?
Yes it does come with a double-sided baking feature. The clamshell design rotates, allowing the batter to coat both the upper and lower waffle plates, creating two perfectly golden Belgian-style waffles.
Does it come with a drip channel that prevents spills?
Yes it does come with a drip channel along the edge of the appliance that will help prevent batter overflow and spills.
Are the non-stick waffle plates easy to clean?
Yes they are because you can effortlessly wipe the non-stick waffle grids clean with a paper towel or damp cloth and the drip channel prevents overflows and spills.