Why You Should Buy an Oster DuraCeramic Waffle Maker
The Oster DuraCeramic waffle maker is eco-friendly, teflon free, nontoxic and easy to clean. It has a ceramic coating that cooks faster and is more durable than teflon coating. The Oster DuraCeramic waffle maker is ideal for anyone who is looking for an electric Belgian waffle maker that is environmentally friendly and thinks that teflon coating can be harmful. These waffles are much thicker than the traditional waffles that the best thin waffle makers make. It does not have removable plates but the plates have a nonstick coating which makes them really easy to clean.
Benefits of an Oster DuraCeramic Waffle Maker
Coating lasts 4x longer
All Oster DuraCeramic waffle makers are designed with a unique and innovative Dura Ceramic non-stick coating that lasts 4X longer than standard non-stick coatings and won’t flake or peel.
The safe, natural ceramic coating is PFOA and PTFE free, so you can cook your waffles or anything else without worry.
Cooks 20% faster
The DuraCeramic finish allows the appliance to cook up to 20% faster to get you eating quicker and easily wipes clean.
Features to look for
Flip (Rotary) Feature
Some of these DuraCeramic waffle irons have a flip (rotary) feature that is designed to evenly distribute batter and cook waffles to perfection.
Adjustable Temperature (Browning) Control with Multiple Settings
They all come with an adjustable temperature control (browning) with multiple settings that accurately sets cooking temperature to achieve the desired results from light, fluffy waffles to crispy, golden waffles.
Some of these units can be stored vertically for efficient, space-saving storage which is ideal for people with crowded kitchen countertops.
Most have indicator lights that tell you if your waffle iron is powered on and when it is ready for use.
Features that are missing
No digital timer
They do not come with a timer so you will have to use a kitchen timer or watch to figure out when the appliance is done baking.
No removable plates
Unfortunately, none of the Oster Duraceramic waffle makers come with removable plates. However, they are really easy to clean with a damp cloth. If you want a ceramic waffle maker with removable plates, you should expect to pay around $100.
No on/off switch
They do not come with on/off switches so you will have to pull the plug out of the outlet when you are done using it.
Table of Contents
- 1 What are the benefits of a Oster DuraCeramic waffle iron?
- 2 Are they safe, chemical free waffle makers?
- 3 Best Eco-Friendly Flip Belgian Waffle Maker Under $40
- 4 #1 – Oster CKSTWFBF22-ECO DuraCeramic Flip Belgian Waffle Maker
- 5 Pros:
- 6 Cons:
- 7 Easy steps to use this waffle maker
- 8 Waffle Baking Tips
- 9 Second Best Eco-Friendly Flip Belgian Waffle Maker Under $40
- 10 #2 – Oster CKSTWF11WC-ECO DuraCeramic Belgian Flip Waffle Maker
- 11 Best Eco-Friendly Waffle Maker Under $20
- 12 #3 – Oster CKSTWF1502-ECO DuraCeramic Belgian Waffle Maker
- 13 Best Eco-Friendly Heart Shaped Waffle Maker Under $30
- 14 #4 – Euro Cuisine WM520 Eco Friendly Heart Shaped Waffle Maker – PTFE and PFOA Free Non Stick Plates
- 15 Calphalon No Peek Waffle Maker
What are the benefits of a Oster DuraCeramic waffle iron?
- Healthier for you because the ceramic coating is free of PTFE & PFOA
- Scratch resistance makes it scratch less than typical non-stick coatings
- Dura Ceramic finish will cook up to 20% faster and save you time and energy
- Durable coating is 4X harder and will last longer than typical non-stick coatings so it will flake and peel
All of these products that are sold in the United States and Canada are manufactured and UL approved for 110-120 voltage.
Are they safe, chemical free waffle makers?
Yes they are. The waffle plates use a ceramic coating so they contain no teflon.
Best Eco-Friendly Flip Belgian Waffle Maker Under $40
#1 – Oster CKSTWFBF22-ECO DuraCeramic Flip Belgian Waffle Maker
The flip waffle maker will bake a 7 inch round thick, fluffy Belgian waffle in only a few minutes. The flip, rotary feature is designed to evenly distribute batter and cook waffles to perfection. It comes with an adjustable temperature control that will accurately set the cooking temperature to achieve desired results from light, fluffy waffles to crispy, golden waffles. You can store this unit vertically for efficient, space-saving storage.
- Exclusive, patented DuraCeramic non-stick ceramic coating, lasts 4 times longer; Won’t flake or peel
- Non-stick surface allows the food to release easily and makes cleaning up quick and painless
- Removable drip tray catches any excess batter which makes it really easy to clean up
- Extra thick 1 1/2″ Belgian waffle plates
- Rotary feature with simple flip operation is designed to evenly distribute the batter within the plates and cook waffles that are evenly baked to brown perfection on both sides
- Folding Handle
- Natural DuraCeramic is PFOA and PTFE free
- Heats up to 20-Percent faster to save energy and time
- Red power indicator light will turn on when you plug the appliance into the wall outlet
- Green ready indicator light will tell you when the waffle maker is ready for use and you can pour the batter onto the bottom grid
- Adjustable temperature control knob located on top of the unit that will give you light and fluffy or crispy waffles
- Small, compact footprint: Easy to store by flipping the plates and drip tray to the vertical position for convenient out-of-the way compact storage in your kitchen cabinet
- Outer Material: Stainless Steel
- Color: Silver
- Price: under $40
- Average Customer Rating: 4 out of 5 stars based on over 200 customer reviews
- Product Dimensions: 10.6 x 14.9 x 9.8 inches
- Item Weight: 6.6 pounds
- Date first available: April 17, 2013
- cooks really fast
- waffles do not stick to the waffle plates
- waffle plates are not removable but they are non-stick and they can be cleaned very easily by wiping them down with a towel after the appliance cools off
Easy steps to use this waffle maker
1. Plug the cord into the wall outlet and the red power indicator light will turn.
2. Turn the temperature control knob to the desired setting. It will take about 5 to 8 minutes to reach the proper baking temperature.
3. When it is done preheating, the green ready indicator light will turn on which is the time when you should pour the batter onto the bottom grid.
4. At this point, the green indicator light will turn off as the baking cycle begins.
5. Close waffle maker and rotate unit 180º to the right (clockwise). Do not open for at least 1.5 minutes. Opening the lid too soon will cause under-baked waffles to split, making them difficult to remove.
6. When the green light goes on again, rotate waffle maker 180 degrees to the left (counterclockwise). Your waffles should be done according to the Waffle Temperature Control setting that you’ve chosen. If you want them darker, close the lid and continue baking until the desired color is achieved.
7. Remove waffles from the cooking plate.
8. If you want to bake additional waffles, then close the waffle iron to retain heat. Always make certain that the green light goes on again before baking anything else.
9. When baking is complete, simply unplug the power cord from wall outlet. Leave waffle maker open to cool. Do not clean until unit has cooled.
10. Always unplug the waffle maker and allow it to cool before cleaning. There is no need to disassemble the waffle maker for cleaning. Never immerse the waffle maker in water or
place in dishwasher.
11. Brush away any loose crumbs from the grooves. Wipe grids clean with a paper towel, absorbing any oil or butter that might be down in the grooves of the grid. You can also wipe grids with a damp cloth. Do not use anything abrasive that can damage the ceramic non-stick coating.
12. Wipe the outside of the waffle maker with a damp cloth only. Do not clean the outside with any abrasive scouring pad or steel wool, as this will damage the finish. A little metal polish suitable for stainless steel may be used occasionally on the top housing. Do not immerse it in water or any other liquid. Do not place in the dishwasher.
Waffle Baking Tips
1 Set the Waffle Temperature Control to your desired setting. At first, try a setting in the middle. You may later adjust it lower or higher according to your preference. A lower setting produces a lighter colored waffle, while waffles made at a higher setting are darker and crisper. Different waffle batters will also cook up differently. Over time, you will find your perfect setting for the batter you use.
2. To retain crispness, move baked waffles to a wire cooling rack to prevent steam from accumulating underneath.
3. Already cooled waffles can be re-warmed and re-crisped, individually, by returning to hot waffle maker. Set Waffle Temperature Control to low. Place waffle on grid so grooves
match up; close lid and heat for 1 to 2 minutes, watching carefully to prevent burning.
4. Baked waffles freeze well. Cool completely on wire rack. Store in plastic freezer bag or in covered container,separating waffles with wax paper. Reheat frozen waffles in toaster oven, oven or toaster until hot and crisp.
Second Best Eco-Friendly Flip Belgian Waffle Maker Under $40
#2 – Oster CKSTWF11WC-ECO DuraCeramic Belgian Flip Waffle Maker
If you don’t want a round Belgian waffle that the above mentioned makes and prefer square shaped waffles, then you should consider purchasing this one instead.
- Makes four waffles at a time
- Each of the individual four square waffles measures approximately 3.25 inches square (they are not big as you would expect)
- Each waffle is approximately one inch thick
- Adjustable temperature control knob will help you get the right level of crispness and browning (so you can make light and fluffy or crispy waffles)
- Red Power Light
- Green Ready to cook Light
- Ceramic Non-Stick Cooking Surface does not have a teflon coating
- Unique, innovative DuraCeramic non-stick ceramic coating, lasts 4 times longer and won’t flake or peel
- non-stick surface does not require the use of any cooking spray
- Natural DuraCeramic is PFOA and PTFE free
- Cooks up to 20% faster to save energy and time
- Cool Touch Handle – High end metal handles with cool touch holders
- Convenient, removable drip tray for easy cleaning
- height of the waffle maker in the vertical storage position is 9.25 inches (fits easily in the side of a lower kitchen cabinet)
- Cord is approximately 31 inches long on this waffle maker
- works with 110V or 120V; it will not work with 220v
- heating in watts: waffle maker is rated at 1080 watts
- Price: under $40
- Color: Black
- Product Dimensions: 6.9 x 16.6 x 10.3 inches
- Item Weight: 5.2 pounds
- Made in China
- Average customer review: 4.1 out of 5 stars based on over 30 customer reviews
- Date first available: March 1, 2015
Best Eco-Friendly Waffle Maker Under $20
#3 – Oster CKSTWF1502-ECO DuraCeramic Belgian Waffle Maker
- Upper Housing Handle (touch unit only by handle during use or directly after use)
- not a flip waffle maker (no flip mechanism or rotary design)
- Makes 7 inch round waffles easily divided into 4 sections
- Each waffle is approximately 0.75 inches thick
- Unique and innovative DuraCeramic non-stick ceramic coating, 4 times more durable, won’t flake or peel
- Natural ceramic coating is easy to clean and is healthy as it is free of PTFE & PFOA chemicals
- Cooks up to 20% faster saving time and energy
- Adjustable temperature control knob accurately sets cooking temperature to achieve desired results from light, fluffy waffles to crispy, golden waffles
- Temperature Control Dial settings range from min for light waffles to max for dark waffles
- Green light turns on when your waffles are done
- Grill Surface Area: 49 sq. in.
- Hinged Lid
- Polished Chrome housing for an elegant design
- Material: Stainless Steel, Ceramic, Plastic
- Metal Finish: Stainless Steel
- Material: Ceramic
- Color: Silver/Chrome
- Wattage: 900 watts
- Wattage Output: 500
- Price: under $20
- Product Dimensions: 5.8 x 8.8 x 11.1 inches
- Item Weight: 3.4 pounds
- Made in USA
- Average customer review: 4.2 out of 5 stars based on over 200 customer reviews
- Warranty Description: 1 Year Limited Warranty
- Date first available: March 4, 2014
Best Eco-Friendly Heart Shaped Waffle Maker Under $30
#4 – Euro Cuisine WM520 Eco Friendly Heart Shaped Waffle Maker – PTFE and PFOA Free Non Stick Plates
- Heart Shape Waffle Maker
- PTFE and PFOA Free Non Stick Plates
- Eco Friendly plates
- Adjustable Temperature Control
- Wide Drip Rim
- Vertical Storage
- Durable Chrome Exterior
- Instruction Manual/ Recipe book
- Easy Clean up
- 3 years manufacturer limited Warranty
- UL Approved
- Material Type: Nonstick Coating
- Product Dimensions: 10 x 8 x 4.5 inches
- Item Weight: 4 pounds
- Manufacturer: Euro-Cuisine, Inc
- ASIN: B005LJYMPE
- Item model number: WM520
- Color: Silver
- Origin: China
- Average Customer Reviews: 4.1 out of 5 stars over 170 customer reviews
- Date first available: September 7, 2011
- Price: under $30
Calphalon No Peek Waffle Maker
Calphalon’s No Peek Waffle Maker is perfect for making thick, delicious Belgian waffles. Just pour in the batter and set the shade selector; the No Peek indicator lets you know exactly how brown your waffle is getting – without lifting the cover! Calphalon’s exclusive Opti-Heat system ensures even heat delivery. The high performance bronze nonstick surface means you won’t have to add butter or oil to get easy release. And clean-up is a breeze.
- The Calphalon Kitchen Electrics collection features our exclusive Opti-Heat System. Designed to provide accurate temperature control and even heat delivery, Opti-Heat ensures that foods cook evenly and thoroughly, for reliable results you can count on – every time.
- Illuminated No Peek progress indicator shows. browning progress without lifting the cover.
- High performance bronze nonstick plates.
- Three temperature settings; Light, Medium & Dark.
- Chimes when ready. Automatic shut-off feature.
- Material Type: Nonstick Coating
- Product Dimensions: 13.2 x 8.2 x 14.2 inches
- Item Weight: 10.3 pounds
- Manufacturer: Calphalon
- ASIN: B001CHL3Q0
- Origin: USA
- Item model number: HE400WM
- Color: Silver
- Average Customer Reviews: 4.3 out of 5 stars over 400 customer reviews
- Date first available: May 5, 2003
- Price: under $40