The Presto 03500 Belgian Waffle Bowl Maker will help you bake a delightfully different kind of waffle. It makes a 4 inch waffle bowl that is thick, fluffy and tender because it is just like a real waffle. This bowl is much thicker than the traditional waffles that the best thin waffle makers make. You can just fill the bowl for a hearty “eat the bowl” breakfast or delicious dessert. Make a hearty breakfast by filling it with scrambled eggs, ham, sausage, ham, hash browns and more. You can even fill it with fresh fruit, butter and syrup, ice cream or yogurt for a delicious dessert. No special batter is needed. You can use store-bought waffle mixes or homemade. Recipes for traditional waffles and more are included. Make your breakfast more exciting and your dessert extraordinary. You can even take lunch to a new level with chicken waffle tacos. There are endless filling possibilities. This appliance does not have removable plates but the plates have a nonstick coating which makes them really easy to wipe clean.
|Features and Specifications|
|Waffle Taste (out of 5 stars)||4||4||4|
|Durability (out of 5 stars)||4||4||4|
|Easy to Clean (out of 5 stars)||4.5||4.5||4.5|
|Price||Under $30||Under $30||Under $50|
|Number of Cooking Surfaces||1||1||1|
|Waffle Shape||Bowl||Bowl||hexagon shaped waffle with a unique bubbled texture|
|Preheating Time||3 minutes||3 minutes||3 minutes|
|Baking Time||5 minutes||5 minutes||5 minutes|
|Number of Waffle Bowls||1||2||0|
|Number of Bubble Shaped Waffles||0||0||1|
|Size of Waffles||4 inch diameter|
2 inches deep
1/2 inch thick
|4 inch diameter|
2 inches deep
1/2 inch thick
|entire waffle is about 7 inches in diameter;|
bubbles are 1 inch in diameter and 1/2 inch deep
|Can Use Store Mix||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Nonstick Grids (contains Teflon)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Audible Alert Signal (indicates when waffle is done baking)||No||No||No|
|Ready To Bake Indicator Light||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Ready To Eat Indicator Light||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Dimensions||9.3 x 8.2 x 5.2 inches||10.9 x 10.7 x 4.5 inches||22 x 14 x 15 inches|
|Weight||3.1 pounds||3.2 pounds||3 pounds|
Table of Contents
- 1 Presto 03500 Belgian Waffle Bowl Maker
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions
- 2.1 Can I use waffle mixes?
- 2.2 Is it okay to prepare my own waffle recipes?
- 2.3 Should I regularly apply vegetable oil to the waffle grids?
- 2.4 Can I make cake bowls? If so, how?
- 2.5 How can I make bread bowls in the waffle bowl maker?
- 2.6 Many people want to make several waffle bowls in advance. How can they still serve them hot and crisp?
- 2.7 Is there a way to keep leftover waffles bowls for later use?
- 2.8 I often eat on the run. How do I make a fold-and-go waffle and what can I fill it with?
- 2.9 Recommended Fillings For Waffle Bowl
- 2.10 How does this appliance work?
Presto 03500 Belgian Waffle Bowl Maker
- Makes a 4-inch waffle that’s thick, fluffy and tender because it’s a real waffle
- Fill with your favorite toppers: butter and syrup, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, ham, sausage, hash browns and more
- No special batter needed; Use store-bought waffle mixes or homemade
- Recipes for traditional waffles and more included
- Easy to use; Simply pour in the waffle batter, close the cover and bake
- Nonstick grids make for easy waffle bowl removal and fast cleanup
- Material: Nonstick
- Color: Black
- Product Dimensions: 9.3 x 8.2 x 5.2 inches
- Item Weight: 2.9 pounds
- Manufacturer: National Presto Industries, Inc.
- Origin: China
- Item model number: 03500
- Customer Reviews: 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 21 customer reviews
- Date first available: June 11, 2015
- Price: under $30
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use waffle mixes?
Yes, packaged waffle mixes may be prepared and then baked in the Presto Belgian Waffle Bowl Maker. Batter made from some packaged
mixes may have a shorter baking time. Be sure to check for doneness after 3½ minutes.
Is it okay to prepare my own waffle recipes?
Yes, you can use your own waffle recipes or any of the recipes on pages 4 and 5.
Should I regularly apply vegetable oil to the waffle grids?
You probably should. The plates are covered with a nonstick coating but there will be an occasional need to apply vegetable oil. If you find it difficult to remove a waffle bowl, apply a light coating of cooking oil to the grids before your next use. No-stick cooking sprays are not recommended as they may leave a tacky residue. In addition, the waffle bowl may have a mottled appearance instead of the even brown appearance as when using cooking oil.
Can I make cake bowls? If so, how?
If desired, plain cake mixes (avoid those containing nuts, candy chips, sprinkles, etc., as they may scorch) may be prepared and then baked in the Presto Belgian Waffle Bowl Maker. Fill the bottom grid with batter to the fill lines. Bake for approximately 3½ minutes. Carefully remove the cake bowl because it will be pliable. Invert cake bowl over upside down custard cup for 2 to 3 minutes to firm the bowl shape. Cake bowls make great desserts. Fill them with fresh fruit, whipped topping, pudding, ice cream and more.
How can I make bread bowls in the waffle bowl maker?
Yeast breads and frozen bread dough may be baked in this Waffle Bowl Maker. However, avoid sweet roll yeast breads, such as cinnamon and caramel rolls, as they may scorch. If using frozen dough, thaw and allow to rise according to package directions before baking. Form dough into approximately a 2.5-inch ball (approximately 4 ounces) and place into the center of the waffle bowl maker. Dough should be about to the fill line. Close the cover and bake for 1 to 1.5 minutes. Add a pat of butter to your bread bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, or spread with peanut butter and jelly, or serve with a small ladle of chili or stew.
Many people want to make several waffle bowls in advance. How can they still serve them hot and crisp?
Keep waffle bowls warm and crisp until serving by placing them in a single layer directly on a rack in a 200 degree oven.
Is there a way to keep leftover waffles bowls for later use?
If you have leftover waffle bowls, freeze them. Cool extra waffle bowls to room temperature. Place them between layers of waxed paper in a resealable plastic freezer bag and freeze for up to 1 month. When ready to serve, reheat in the waffle bowl maker. Preheat unit and then reheat waffle bowl for approximately 4 minutes. If you prefer, reheat the waffle bowls in an oven at 350° for about 10 minutes.
I often eat on the run. How do I make a fold-and-go waffle and what can I fill it with?
After cooking a waffle bowl, carefully remove it from the grids and fill it with the desired ingredients, such as two cooked scrambled eggs. Then fold it in half for an egg sandwich. You can also make a waffle taco. Fill waffle bowl with grilled or crispy chicken tenders, lettuce, and Dijon-style mustard. Fold it in half for lunch on the run.
Recommended Fillings For Waffle Bowl
The fillings for your waffle bowl are only limited by your own imagination. Listed below are just a few ideas to help you get started:
1. Syrup and butter for a traditional-tasting waffle.
2. Your favorite fresh fruit.
3. Yogurt, fresh fruit, and granola for a sweet parfait.
4. Scrambled eggs, ham, bacon, sausage, hash browns and more for hearty breakfasts.
5. Ice cream and assorted toppings for a unique waffle sundae.
6. Sliced strawberries and whipped topping for a delightful strawberry shortcake waffle treat.
7. Peanut butter and/or jelly for a simple PB & J snack.
8. Pudding or applesauce for a delicious dessert.
9. Grilled or crispy chicken strips, lettuce, and Dijon-style mustard for tasty chicken waffles.
How does this appliance work?
1. Plug the waffle bowl maker into a 120VAC electrical outlet and preheat with the cover in the closed position.
NOTE: When using the waffle bowl maker the first time, a slight odor or smoking may occur as manufacturing residue burns off. This is normal during initial use.
2. While the unit is preheating, prepare waffle batter from a commercial mix, one of the recipes on pages 4 and 5, or your own recipe. NOTE: The red signal light will be illuminated while the unit is preheating. When the unit is ready for use, the light will go out. The preheat time will be approximately 3 to 3½ minutes.
3. Before the first use, after the unit has preheated, use a brush or paper towel and apply a light coating of cooking oil to the grids (no-stick cooking spray is not
recommended). You may find it helpful to repeat the process for the next 2 or 3 waffle bowls. Thereafter, apply oil only if you find it difficult to remove a waffle bowl.
4. Pour waffle batter into the bottom grid. For most batters, pour to the fill lines. However, for thin batters, pour to under the fill lines. If you prefer using a measuring cup, pour in approximately 1/2 cup.
NOTE: Different batters expand at different rates. If your first waffle bowl is too tall (batter flows into the overflow area), reduce the batter to slightly below the fill lines for the next waffle bowl; or if you would like a taller waffle bowl, fill slightly above the fill lines for subsequent batches.
NOTICE: Do not strike the rim of the waffle bowl maker with any cooking utensil as this may scratch the nonstick surface.
5. Squeeze the cover latch, lower the cover until closed, and release the latch. During cooking the signal light will cycle on and off. CAUTION! As with any waffle maker, steam escapes during cooking. Keep hands and face away from steam to prevent steam burns. Take extra care when opening the waffle bowl maker as hot steam may escape near the latch and could cause burns.
6. Set a timer to the desired time. See the recipes on pages 4 and 5 for recommended cooking times. Most waffle bowls will cook in 3.5 to 4.5 minutes. Waffle bowl is done when the unit stops emitting steam.
7. Check the waffle bowl at 3.5 minutes to see if it is golden brown. If additional browning is desired, cook an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute. When cooking is complete, use a fork to carefully spear the interior of the waffle bowl and lift it from the grids, making sure you don’t scratch the nonstick surface.
8. Repeat steps 4 through 7 for additional waffle bowls.
9. Fill waffle bowls with desired ingredients.
10. Unplug waffle bowl maker when cooking is completed.