The video ‘Easy Homemade Belgian Waffle Recipe’ was uploaded on June 17, 2014 to the Easy Breakfast Recipes YouTube channel. This is a really popular channel with over 31,000 subscribers. The video has garnered over 6,000,000 views.
This Belgian waffle recipe will teach you how to make crispy, light, and tasty Belgian waffles at home!
This recipe makes 2 to 3 Belgian waffles. You’ll need to double the recipe to make 4 to 6 waffles.
• 1 cup of Flour
• 4 teaspoons of Sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon of regular salt or 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt
• 2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
• 1/8 teaspoon of Baking Soda
• 1 Egg Separated
• 1 tablespoon of Canola Oil
• 2 tablespoon of melted unsalted butter
• 1 cup of Water
1. While you prepare your ingredients, preheat your waffle maker. Use the medium setting to get a lightly browned waffle.
2. Combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda into a medium-sized bowl. Then stir everything together.
3. Add the separated egg yolk and water to the mixture in step 2.
4. Add the melted unsalted butter and canola oil to the mixture in step 3 and then mix the ingredients thoroughly.
5. In a small mixing bowl, whisk the egg white until it is frothy or lighter in color. Add this mixture to your batter from step 4 and mix together to combine the ingredients thoroughly and to form a thick dough.
6. Add the batter to your waffle maker after it reaches the optimal cooking temperature and close the lid. Once the timer or ready to eat indicator light comes on you can start eating your waffles.