This article will give you a detailed review of the Hamilton Beach 26030 Flip Belgian waffle maker. It is well-built, durable and comes with removable grids (plates) which will make this appliance much easier to clean. This waffle iron will bake 1 round-shaped Belgian style waffle, that can be easily divided into 4 pieces, in 5 to 8 minutes. These waffles are much thicker than the classic, crispy waffles that the best thin waffle makers make. This appliance comes with a flip rotating mechanism that allows you to flip the grids to allow the batter to spread evenly between the waffle grids. The waffle will end up cooking better on both sides. Since it comes with two removable waffle grids and they are dishwasher safe, this appliance is really easy to clean. You can just take out the plates and put them in the dishwasher.
|Features and Specifications|
|Flip (Rotating) Feature||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Mess Free (deep grid design and batter overflow channel)||No||No||Yes||No|
|Removable Drip Tray||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Variable Temperature Control||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Baking Time||5 minutes||5 minutes||5 minutes||5 minutes|
|Number of Waffles||1 (divided into 4 sections)||1 (divided into 4 sections)||1 (divided into 4 sections)||2|
|Size of Waffles||7 inch diameter|
1/2 inch thick
|7 inch diameter|
1/2 inch thick
|7 inch diameter|
1/2 inch thick
|4 inch square|
1/2 inch thick
|Audible Alert Signal (indicates when waffle is done baking)||No||No||No||No|
|Ready To Bake Indicator Light||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Ready To Eat Indicator Light||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Dimensions (in inches)||10.5 x 16 x 9.2 inches||9.5 x 15.3 x 8.5 inches||5.63 x 10 x 12.75||4.53" Height x 8.66" Width x 7.72" Depth|
|Weight||6.8 pounds||5.8 pounds||4.2 pounds||4.1 pounds|
Table of Contents
- 1 Pros
- 2 Cons
- 3 Video Demonstration
- 4 Features of the Hamilton Beach 26030 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker
- 5 How do you use the Hamilton Beach 26030 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker?
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 6.1 Does the Hamilton Beach 26030 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker come with plates (grids) that are removable?
- 6.2 What is the Browning control dial for?
- 6.3 How can you tell when to pour in the batter?
- 6.4 How can you tell when the waffle baker is done baking your Belgian waffle?
- 6.5 Is it safe to open a hot waffle maker with your bare hand?
- 6.6 Does the Hamilton Beach 26030 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker come with a drip tray to catch the excess batter?
- 6.7 How thick are the waffles?
- 6.8 How deep are the pockets in the waffles?
- 6.9 Does the Hamilton Beach 26030 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker come with a timer?
- 6.10 Are there any flip Belgian waffle makers that come with a timer?
- 6.11 Will this waffle maker shut itself down when it is done baking your waffle?
- 7 Where Can I Buy The Hamilton Beach 26030 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker At a Discounted Price?
- waffle plates are removable and dishwasher safe
- easy to clean
- easy to store
- temperature knob has multiple shade levels
- no on/off button (you will have to pull the plug out of the outlet to turn off the machine)
- no digital timer
- more expensive than most Belgian style waffle makers but it is well-built so it will last for a long time
Features of the Hamilton Beach 26030 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker
- Easily flip the waffle grids to make thick, fluffy, restaurant-style Belgian waffles
- Cool-touch, easy-flip handle folds up to make storage much easier
- Brushed stainless steel exterior housing ensures long-lasting durability
- Advanced heating technology ensures consistent baking and browning
- Nonstick finish allows effortless release and trouble-free cleanup
- Adjustable browning control lets you control the temperature so you can make the waffles crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside
- Red power on light tells you when the power is on
- Two green ready to cook indicator lights that tell you when to add batter and when your waffles are done (one is located on the cover and another one is on the bottom of the appliance)
- Drip tray catches excess batter
- Removable grids and drip tray are dishwasher safe which makes them easier to clean
- Product Dimensions: 10.5 x 16 x 9.2 inches
- Item Weight: 4.7 pounds
How do you use the Hamilton Beach 26030 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker?
1. Plug the power cord into your electrical outlet. The red Power ON light will turn on. You should spray a small amount of nonstick cooking spray on the grids before preheating.
2. Choose the desired browning control setting (MIN–3) and preheat with the cover closed until the green READY light turns on.
3. Raise the cover and pour about 1 cup (250 ml) of batter into the center of the grids, allowing the batter to spread and fill evenly between the grids. Then lower the cover and be careful not to pour too much batter onto grids because it may overflow. Included is a drip tray that you place under the plates which will catch the excess batter.
4. Then within 10 seconds of lowering the cover turn the cool-touch handle clockwise to flip the waffle maker and lock it into place. Your waffle will be done in about 5–8 minutes, depending on the setting, recipe, and when steaming begins to stop.
5. Using an oven mitt, turn the handle counterclockwise and open the cover. Be certain to use an oven mitt to protect your hand while opening a hot waffle maker. The escaping steam can burn your skin.
6. Remove the waffle with a plastic or wooden utensil. Do not use a metal object because it will damage the nonstick coating of the appliance. Unplug the unit when you are done baking and let the appliance cool down.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does the Hamilton Beach 26030 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker come with plates (grids) that are removable?
Yes it does. It comes with 2 waffle grids that you can remove and they are dishwasher safe. This means you can just put them in your dishwasher once you are done using this appliance. This makes this waffle maker really easy to clean and is a great feature that many people look for when they are shopping for waffle makers.
What is the Browning control dial for?
It allows you to vary the temperature that you want to bake the batter at. The markings on the dial go from Min, 1, 2 and 3. If you want your waffles a little browner and crispier, you should choose something in the 2 to 3 range.
How can you tell when to pour in the batter?
There is a green ready to cook indicator light that will tell you when the waffle maker is preheated and ready for the batter to be poured onto the grids.
How can you tell when the waffle baker is done baking your Belgian waffle?
The green ready to cook indicator light will turn off when the appliance starts baking and it will turn back on again when it is done. It should take between 5 to 8 minutes depending on the recipe you use.
Is it safe to open a hot waffle maker with your bare hand?
No. Never do this. Please do not touch the cover with your bare hand because the cover is really hot and the escaping steam can burn your hand.
Does the Hamilton Beach 26030 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker come with a drip tray to catch the excess batter?
Yes it does. Just put it under the appliance while you are pouring in the batter. It will catch the excess batter if you pour too much onto the grids.
How thick are the waffles?
The waffles are more than 1/2 inch thick.
How deep are the pockets in the waffles?
The pockets are between 1/4 inch to 3/8 inch deep.
Does the Hamilton Beach 26030 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker come with a timer?
No it does not. Most waffle makers do not come with timers. You will have to use a kitchen egg timer or some other timer to figure out when to shut off the machine.
Are there any flip Belgian waffle makers that come with a timer?
Yes there is. A really popular flip Belgian waffle maker is the Presto 03510 FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker (with timer), which is made out of stainless steel, comes with a digital timer and costs under $30. It does not come with removable grids but these plates have a nonstick coating so they are really easy to clean.
Will this waffle maker shut itself down when it is done baking your waffle?
No it will not. It does not come with an on/off switch. You will have to pull the plug out of the outlet to turn off the machine.
Where Can I Buy The Hamilton Beach 26030 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker At a Discounted Price?
The suggested retail price for the Hamilton Beach 26030 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker is $49.99. However, you can save some money on the purchase price if you pick this up online. Check out the Hamilton Beach 26030 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker through the link below and see for yourself how big of a discount you can get.