If you are tired of eating the waffles from your classic Eggo style waffle maker, then you should consider getting a Bubble Egg waffle maker. If you grew up in Hong Kong or a Chinatown in the United States, then you probably heard of Bubble Egg waffles (also known as Chinese egg puffs or eggettes). These tasty treats are really popular in Hong Kong. There are sidewalk vendors in Hong Kong who make their living by making these waffles with heavy cast iron pans and gas-powered stoves. This unique waffle maker creates a large hexagon-shaped waffle that has a unique bubbled texture. These delicious waffles, sometimes called egg waffles or eggettes have crispy golden outsides and light, tender interiors.
Unfortunately, there are no Bubble egg waffle irons with removable grids. However, they come with a nonstick teflon coating that makes the waffle plates really easy to clean. Currently, there are no ceramic waffle makers for making Hong Kong Bubble Egg waffles. If you want an appliance that will make waffles, paninis, hamburgers, and steaks, then you should buy one of the best panini makers instead.
Comparison Chart for the Best Electric and Stovetop Hong Kong Bubble Egg Waffle Makers
|Product Names||Features and Specifications|
MasterChef Hong Kong Bubble Egg Waffle Maker
CucinaPro Mini Bubble Egg Waffle Maker
StarBlue Electric 180 Degree Flip Hong Kong Bubble Egg Waffle Maker
Waring WBW300X Commercial Single Bubble Waffle Maker
Zoie + Chloe Cast Aluminum Stovetop Hong Kong Bubble Egg Waffle Pan
Nordic Ware 01890 Cast Aluminum Stovetop Hong Kong Bubble Egg Waffle Pan
ALDKitchen Flip Bubble Waffle Maker
Best Hong Kong Bubble Egg Waffle Makers
- MasterChef Hong Kong Bubble Egg Waffle Maker
- CucinaPro Mini Bubble Egg Waffle Maker
- Waring WBW300X Bubble Egg Waffle Maker
- ALDKitchen Commercial Bubble Egg Waffle Maker
- StarBlue Electric Bubble Egg Waffle Maker
- Zoie + Chloe Stove Top Bubble Egg Waffle Maker
- Nordic Ware Stove Top Bubble Egg Waffle Maker
- Liquor Hexagon Bubble Egg Waffle Maker
MasterChef Hong Kong Bubble Egg Waffle Maker
It’s no secret that the Hong Kong waffle is one of the most celebrated breakfast dishes ever. Bubble waffles were a phenomenon in Hong Kong during the late 1990s and 2000s. The popular street food was made by pouring a sweet batter into a mold that forms round bubbles on the outside when heated until the mixture reaches a certain temperature. The recipe for this sweet, crispy, delicate delight can be traced back to 1868 when an elderly street vendor used his last $500 to open a little eatery in Central Hong Kong, where he served up his signature dish, “Charcoal Waffles.”
A Hong Kong Bubble Egg Waffle is a popular street food in Hong Kong. The popularity of the waffle has spread to many other countries and people have become obsessed with trying to recreate this simple dish. Now, it’s possible to make them at home with the new MasterChef Hong Kong Bubble Egg Waffle Maker. The MasterChef Hong Kong Bubble Egg Waffle Maker was released in January 2018 and is an appliance that has taken the world by storm in recent months. With countless positive reviews on Amazon, customers are raving about how easy this waffle iron is to use and how it produces perfect waffles every time.
The MasterChef Hong Kong Bubble Egg Waffle Maker will have your waffle ready in under 5 Minutes and also it is available in White or Black.
The MasterChef Hong Kong Bubble Egg Waffle Maker makes waffles in distinctive, unique shapes. The maker is fitted with a bubble plate that produces the characteristic bubbles on the waffle’s surface. Heats up to 200 degrees Celsius (392 degrees Fahrenheit), this is an ideal appliance for chefs of all levels. Anyone can be a master chef with this machine!
Now MasterChef has created the perfect tool to recreate these at home with their new electric non-stick Hong Kong Bubble Egg waffle maker. This innovative molded egg waffle maker from MasterChef is perfect for any kitchen, providing healthy and delicious ways to make breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
What types of features does this Bubble egg Waffle maker have?
This Electric Bubble Waffle Maker features the same great quality that their customers have experienced with all of MasterChef’s products. It comes with a power on indicator light, easy-lock closing mechanism, and non-stick feet on both sides of the maker. When you’re finished, its non-stick cooking plates ensure effortless food release and fast clean up. It even stands upright for convenient and compact storage.
How long does it take to bake a Bubble egg Waffle?
The MasterChef Electric Bubble Waffle Maker lets you create Hong Kong-style bubble waffles in under 5 minutes. Just pour in your batter, cook, and flip for perfect results every time. Now you can bring the delicious taste of this traditional Hong Kong-style food to your own kitchen and add your own creative twist on breakfast time.
|• Makes one 7-inch wide hexagon-shaped bubble egg waffle at a time
• Compact – It takes up very little space with measurements of 12.2″(Length) x 9.33″(Width) x 5.75″(Height).
• Portable – It only weighs 3.63 pounds so it is really easy to move to another place.
• Cooking plates have a nonstick-coating which will give you easy food release and easy clean-up
• Cord wrap storage around the bottom of the device
• Easy-to-close mechanism makes it easy to store this unit in a space-saving vertical position
|• The unit only includes a power indication light. It does not have a ready indicator light that will tell you when it is properly preheated or when the waffles are done. The preheating usually takes about 5 minutes and you can tell that your waffle is done when there is no more steam coming out of the unit.
• There is no browning control to adjust the shading and crispiness
CucinaPro Mini Bubble Egg Waffle Maker
Are you looking for a new and interesting way to make breakfast? If so, you should consider using the CucinaPro Mini Bubble Egg Waffle Maker. This handy little appliance can help you create delicious bubble waffles in no time. Best of all, it’s small enough to fit on any countertop.
The CucinaPro Mini Bubble Egg Waffle Maker was released in January 2021. It is the perfect appliance for making delicious, fluffy egg waffles because it is easy to use and the cord wrap makes it easy to store. The non-stick cooking plates make it easy to remove the waffles once they’re cooked, and the included recipe book provides a variety of recipes for delicious egg waffles.
The bubble-shaped molds give bubble waffles a unique appearance that makes them a fun breakfast food that your children are sure to love.
|• Makes one 3.5-inch wide hexagon-shaped bubble egg waffle at a time
• Compact – It takes up very little space with measurements of 7.35″(Length) x 5.91″(Width) x 3.13″(Height).
• Portable – It only weighs 1.39 pounds so it is really easy to move to another place.
• Nonstick Teflon coating means your waffle will not come apart and makes cleaning up really easy
• Cord wrap storage around the bottom of the device
• Stands upright for compact storage
• Popular recipes included – You won’t have to waste time scouring the Internet looking for the best bubble egg waffle recipes because they will include the most popular recipes for bubble egg waffles.
|• The unit only includes a power indication light. It does not have a ready indicator light that will tell you when it is properly preheated or when the waffles are done. The preheating usually takes about 4 minutes and you can tell that the waffles are done when you don’t see anymore steam coming out of the device.
• There is no browning control dial to customize the color and crispiness
StarBlue Electric Hong Kong Bubble Egg Waffle Maker
Bubble waffles (also known as egg puffs) are a popular street food in Hong Kong, but making them with a regular waffle maker would be impossible. Enter StarBlue’s Hong Kong Bubble Egg Waffle Maker! Simply fill the dish with batter, break an egg into the center of the dish, close the lid, and wait for it to cook! This ingenious kitchen gadget promises to deliver beautifully cooked versions of this local favorite.
The StarBlue Hong Kong Bubble Egg Waffle Maker will have your Hong Kong style eggettes ready in under 5 minutes and it is available in White or Black.
Have you been on a hunt for the perfect waffle maker to create your favorite Hong Kong bubble egg waffles? Well never fear, because the StarBlue Hong Kong Bubble Egg Waffle Maker is here! This innovative waffle maker features a cooking surface of non-stick coating and a cool touch body, making it safe and easy to use.
The Star Blue Hong Kong Bubble Egg Waffle Maker is a unique product that will make your ordinary waffles into something more special. It has a sturdy and attractive design and comes with an instruction manual to make it even easier for you to get cooking. This machine can be used for making smaller-sized waffles, which is perfect if you don’t want to make an entire batch of them at once.
|Product Features and Specifications|
|• Cooking Plates with Non-Stick Coating – The cutting-edge non-stick coating plate is specifically created for consumer convenience. It makes waffle release and cleanup a breeze. You won’t have to waste time cleaning tough stains from the plate, and the baked on item will release easily.
• Non-slip Feet on the top and bottom of the appliance – The non-slip feet on the top and bottom will keep this bubble egg waffle maker from slipping off of the counter. Throughout the cooking phase, this amazing feature will keep this appliance in place. The protective non-slipping function will keep the device in place even if the Egg Waffle Maker is flipped on its back to evenly spread the waffle batter.
• 180 degree Flip feature – The Egg Waffle Maker’s cutting-edge 180 degree Flip function enables for effortless reversing and titling to evenly spread the batter so that there are no burnt or raw spots.
• Overheating protection – The Egg Waffle Maker is equipped with an exceptional overheating protection mechanism. It protects the egg waffles and the machine from burning and damage by preventing the machine from being overheated and instantly stopping the cooking process.
|• Power and Ready Indicator Lights – The red light shows that the machine is receiving power, while the green light indicates that the machine is being preheated and the waffle is being prepared. The green light will switch off by itself after the waffle is ready.
• Cool Touch lid handle – The Cool Touch lid handle protects the user from the Egg Waffle Maker’s hot surface. It prevents their hands and fingers from being burned if they come into contact with the handle by accident.
• Money Back Guarantee — StarBlue offers a remarkable two-month 100% money-back guarantee. If you are dissatisfied with the Egg Waffle Maker for any reason, you may return it to them for a refund within two months of purchase.
• Voltage Rating: 120V, 60Hz
• Power Consumption: 760 Watts
• Dimensions (LxWxH): 11.69 x 9.06 x 5.24 inches
• Weight: 3.52 pounds
• Release Date: August 2016
Instructions for use
1. It is very important to cover both waffle plates with vegetable oil because the oil creates a slippery cooking surface on the waffle plates that is more difficult for the waffle to stick to which will make it easier to remove the waffle after it is cooked.
2. Plug in the device and let it preheat for up to 5 minutes.
3. Pour 1/2 cup of batter on the center of the bottom waffle plate.
4. Swiftly close the upper lid by locking it with the bottom housing carefully.
5. After 30 seconds, grab the heat-resistant handle and flip the entire unit 180 degrees onto the other side.
6. Let it cook between 5 to 8 minutes until it is golden brown.
7. After it stops steaming, use a wooden spoon to lift it out
8. After the waffle is removed, you should allow it to cool down. This will make your waffle crispy.
Nordic Ware Cast Aluminum Stovetop Hong Kong Bubble Egg Waffle Pan
The Nordic Ware egg waffle pan would be great to take with you on a camping trip. You can use it to make authentic Chinese bubble egg waffles over a campfire. It is made from cast aluminum, a great heat conductor, for fast preheating and even baking.
The interlocking pan pieces can be easily assembled. They have heat-resistant phenolic handles for cool handling and fast preheating on stovetop burners. The non-stick coating allows for easy release and clean-up. Made in the USA. With this array of pans, you can make breakfast the best meal of the day. The plates are coated with PFOA-free nonstick cast aluminum so they still contain PTFE. It comes with a 10-Year Warranty.
• Cast Aluminum bubble egg pan with heat-resistant phenolic handles
• Makes one Hong Kong egg waffle at a time
• Made in the USA with Imported handle from China
• Dimensions: 15.1 x 10.4 x 1.4 inches
• Weight: 3.45 pounds
• Release Date: August 2013
Zoie + Chloe Stove top Cast Aluminum Bubble Egg Waffle Pan
The Zoie + Chloe Egg Waffle Pan makes authentic Chinese egg waffles on the stovetop. Made of cast aluminum for even cooking and quick heat-up. The interlocking pan pieces have heat-resistant handles for cool handling and easy assembly after quick heat up on tow burners. The non-stick coating allows for easy release and clean-up.
• Makes egg waffles with crispy golden outsides and tender creamy insides.
• Cast aluminum pan distributes heat quickly to cook the egg puffs evenly.
• Durable PFOA-free nonstick cooking surface for easy release of waffles and cleanup.
• Rugged heat-resistant handles.
• Allow pan to cool before washing
• Hand-wash only
• Dimensions: 14 x 8 x 1.2 inches
• Weight: 1.5 pounds
• Perfect for gas or electric cooktops
• Use a wooden or plastic fork to remove the waffle so that you avoid scratching the nonstick Teflon coating which can cause the Teflon to flake off and end up in your waffle.
• Allow pan to cool before washing
• Hand-wash only
• Do not use steel wool, steel scouring pads, or harsh detergents
Best Commercial Bubble Egg Waffle Makers
Waring WBW300X Commercial Single Bubble Egg Waffle Maker
The best commercial bubble egg waffle maker is the Waring WBW300X Commercial Single Bubble Egg Waffle Maker because it is durable enough to meet the demands of a busy diner and it has powerful 1200-watt heating elements that will evenly cook each bubble egg waffle in less than 4 minutes. It was released in November 2019.
It has a flip feature that rotates the cooking plates 180 degrees so that the top and bottom of the waffle are perfectly baked and the batter is evenly distributed to make the fluffiest waffles. It also has audible beeping sounds to tell you when the plates are hot enough to begin baking the batter and when the waffle is finished cooking.
Also it is BPA free so it does not contain bisphenol A, a chemical that is used to make plastic food containers and water bottles.
|• Bakes 25 bubble egg waffles per hour
• Heavy-duty die-cast stainless steel housing
• Flip feature will give you perfectly formed waffles that are evenly browned from the top to the bottom
• Power indicator light tells you that the machine is receiving electricity and beginning the preheating process
• Audible beeping sounds and Ready to Bake/Eat indicator light indicate when to begin baking the batter or when the waffle is finished baking and ready to serve
• Cooking plates are triple-coated with nonstick Teflon, making the cooking surface more durable and easier to clean since there will be less of a mess afterwards.
• 6-setting temperature control knob
• Dishwasher-safe drip tray used to catch overflowing batter
• Power consumption: 1200 watt heating elements
|• It takes up a lot of space on your counter with measurements of 18.25″(Length) x 13.25″(Width) x 11.25″(Height)
• At a hefty weight of 14.3 pounds, this device is quite heavy and more difficult to move around than a unit meant for home use.
• At a price over $400, it is much more expensive than any of the flip bubble egg waffle makers that are used for home.
ALDKitchen Commercial Bubble Egg Waffle Maker for Egg Puff and Hong Kong Waffles (360 Degree Flip; Manual Thermostat; Stainless Steel)
The ALDKitchen Commercial Bubble Egg Waffle Maker creates a large hexagon shaped waffle with 30 bubbles. Each waffle has measurements of 8″(Length) x 7″(Width). These delicious waffles are sometimes called Egg Waffles, Bubble waffles, Eggettes or QQ Waffles. This machine has a manually controlled thermostat and wooden handles that will protect your hands from the hot temperatures of the cooking plates.
It has metal parts that are made from Industrial Stainless steel. It is made from 201 stainless steel grade which is really durable and will enable it to handle higher volume usage at restaurants and Sidewalk Vendors. It is tarnish- and rust-resistant, making it really easy to clean.
It can rotate 360 degrees so the egg waffles will be well-formed and evenly cooked. The plates are made from cast aluminum which makes them great heat conductors so they will heat up really fast and evenly cook each inch of your waffle. Also the plates are coated with nonstick Teflon which makes them really easy to clean after you are done.
It also comes with a stainless-steel drip tray, that is located right under the cooking plates, that collects any overflowing batter dripping out of the cooking plates.
This machine can help expand the dessert menu of your restaurant and skyrocket your profits. This waffle iron is also ideal for catering solutions. Your clients will be surprised with these incredibly delicious PUFFLE EGG Wafers.
An Eggette is a kind of spherical pancake or waffle ball that is really popular in Hong Kong and Macao because they have crispy golden outsides and soft, moist interiors. In Chinatowns across the United States of America, it is known as a Hong Kong cake, bubble waffle, egg puff, or egg waffle but it is known in Cantonese as gai daan jai (雞蛋仔).
It is made from eggs, custard powder, sugar, flour, and light evaporated milk. They can be eaten plain. However, the most popular way to eat them is to fold the bubble waffle into a cone and fill it with strawberries and ice cream.
EASY TO USE – This machine makes it really easy to cook the legendary Puffle waffles. They will turn out exactly as you saw them many times on Instagram and Pinterest. Included with your purchase is a detailed set of instructions for operating this machine as well as a set of traditional recipes that are really popular in Hong Kong.
• replaceable non-stick mold
• rounded body edges
• plate for easy cleaning of the waffle iron
• Improved flexible hoses
• improved trays on the top
• rounded comfortable handles
• Waffle size: 8″ x 7″
• Manual Thermostat control
• Teflon covering mold – 1.3 In DOUBLE RESOURCE
• US Plug
• Voltage 110V
• Power consumption: 1000W
• Rotated 180 Degree
• Dimensions: 17 x 12 x 12 inches
• Weight: 10 Pounds
• CE Certification
• Money back guarantee – If there is a problem with the device, you can contact them to ask for refund or replacement with no questions asked.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why are these bubble egg waffles so popular?
An eggette is a kind of spherical pancake or waffle ball that has been popular in Hong Kong and Macao for many decades. The food item is also referred to as an egg puff, egg waffle, bubble waffle, pancake waffle or by its Cantonese name, gai daan jai (雞蛋仔) and is made from eggs, sugar, flour, and light evaporated milk. They are often wrapped in the shape of a cone and filled with ice cream and fruit.
They are sometimes referred to as “Hong Kong cakes” in Chinatowns across America, especially in New York. Eggettes are one of the most popular snacks sold from street kiosks in Hong Kong and they have been a favorite street snack in Hong Kong since their emergence during the 1950s when they were made with coal fire heating.
They are made from a sweet batter that is cooked on a hot griddle, a special frying pan with small round dimples or indentations, and with them set on hot coals in the fire or more commonly, on an electrical heat generator.
The egg batter is poured over the special frying pan and heated; the small ovals of eggettes are thus formed. In addition to the conventional “egg taste”, they are also available in a variety of flavors such as chocolate, green tea and ginger, etc. Most pancakes are quick breads, although some are also made using a yeast-raised or fermented batter. Eggettes can be eaten at different times of the day depending on local tradition.
Bubble egg waffles vs Belgian waffle
1. A recipe for Bubble egg waffles uses more eggs than a recipe for Belgian waffles as well as 1 tablespoon of custard powder because it is supposed to have an eggier taste and it makes it softer and easier to shape into a cone.
2. Bubble egg waffles only use baking powder as a leavening agent while Belgian waffles use both whipped egg whites and baking powder as leavening agents because it is supposed to be fluffier and thicker.
3. Bubble egg waffles use less milk than Belgian waffles because the milk will bind the ingredients together and add a richer flavor than water would.