Vertical upright waffle makers are really popular these days because of two big reasons. The main advantage of a vertical unit over a horizontal one is that you won’t make a big mess pouring in the batter because there is only one opening for the batter to come out of. Also because it is in a vertical position it will take up less space on your counter.
The Cuisinart WAF-V100 is really unique because it was the first vertical waffle maker on the market. This appliance makes one round Belgian waffle that is divided into 4 easy-to-cut sections. These Belgian waffles are much thicker than traditional-style waffles. These Belgian waffles are 1-inch thick which is thicker than the 0.5-inch waffles made by the Cuisinart WMR-CA Classic Waffle Maker, which is one of the best thin classic round waffle irons.
The cooking plates of the Cuisinart WAF-V100 have a nonstick Teflon coating that makes them really easy to clean. However, any review of the Cuisinart WAF-300 will tell you that it is easier to clean than the Cuisinart WAF-V100 because the Cuisinart WAF-300 is the only Cuisinart Belgian waffle iron with removable plates that can be detached and cleaned in a dishwasher. The Cuisinart WAF 300 waffle maker has received 78% 5-star Amazon customer reviews and has an average Amazon customer rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
If you have a problem with Teflon coating, then you should purchase a ceramic waffle maker from Presto or Oster instead. The Oster Titanium DuraCeramic Vertical Waffle Maker is the best ceramic vertical waffle iron because it uses 1080 watt heating elements and thick aluminum cooking plates that will give you fast and even cooking.
The Cuisinart WAF-V100 vertical waffle maker also has an audible alert that will tell you when your waffle is fully cooked. Unfortunately, it does not come with a timer, an on/off button, or a thermostat. You can purchase this unique appliance for under $100.
Unfortunately, this appliance only makes waffles so it cannot make paninis, hamburgers or steaks. If you want to make any one of these in addition to waffles, then you should look to purchase a Cuisinart panini press instead.
Cuisinart WAF-V100 Review – Is this vertical waffle maker worth buying?
- least messy waffle maker ever created
- unique, vertical design
- easy to clean
- you will not make a big mess when you pour in the batter
- easy to store because it is aligned vertically
- temperature knob has 5 shade levels
- audible signal tells you when the waffle iron is done making your waffle
- waffle plates are not removable
- no on/off button (you will have to pull the plug out of the outlet to turn off the machine)
- no digital timer
- more expensive than most waffle makers but it is well-built so it will last for a long time
Features of the Cuisinart WAF-V100 Vertical Belgian Waffle Maker
- Brushed stainless steel housing has an embossed Cuisinart logo (it is visually appealing and durable)
- Fill Spout – this is where you add in your batter and it is really easy and mess free
- Stay-Cool Latch – Releases front plate to remove waffle, locks to securely close unit.
- Nonstick Baking Plates – Die-cast aluminum plates bake a large, round, four-sectioned, deep-pocketed Belgian waffle.
- Browning Control – Temperature knob offers 5 shade levels
- Red indicator light signals when the power is on
- Green indicator light signals when waffle maker is ready to bake and when the waffle is ready to eat
- Audible Signal – 5 beeps sound when waffle maker is ready to bake, and when waffle is fully cooked and ready to eat.
- Cord Storage – Cord wraps around the base stand of the unit
- Closed waffle maker stands upright for compact storage
- Rubber Feet – Feet keep unit stable and will not mark up your countertop
- BPA Free materials means that no BPA will come in contact with any food you bake in the waffle iron
- Measuring Cup (color may vary) – Makes it clean and easy to pour just the right amount of batter into the spout. It measures about 1 standard cup. The cup conveniently rests on the inside of a batter bowl.
- Power consumption – 900 watts
Oster Titanium DuraCeramic Vertical Waffle Maker
The biggest difference between the Cuisinart WAF-V100 and Oster Titanium DuraCeramic Vertical Waffle Makers is that the Oster Titanium DuraCeramic uses a Teflon-free ceramic coating while the Cuisinart WAF-V100 uses a Teflon coating which is safe according to the FDA but to others, it contains harmful chemicals.
Another difference between them is that the Oster Titanium DuraCeramic has 1080 dual heating elements while the Cuisinart WAF-V100 has 900 watt heating elements. Also, unlike the Cuisinart WAF-V100, the Oster Titanium DuraCeramic does not come with a temperature control knob or audible alert.
Both the Cuisinart WAF-V100 and Oster Titanium DuraCeramic come with a red indicator light that will turn on to signal that the power is ON and the appliance is beginning to heat up or a green indicator light that will tell you when it is done preheating or cooking. They also come with a measuring cup.
Like the Cuisinart WAF-V100, the Oster Titanium DuraCeramic Vertical Waffle Maker does not come with an On/Off button or removable plates. The plates are still easy to clean because they contain nonstick surfaces. After the appliance is done baking, you can just wipe the grids clean with a damp cloth.