Breville is known for making stylish, durable kitchen appliances that will perform at a high level for many years. Their best-selling products include coffee machines, espresso machines, ovens, air fryers, and blenders. They are really popular because they come with innovative features not found in the same types of products as their competitors.
Many fans of Breville’s kitchen appliances are also lovers of Waffle House-style waffles and they probably wondered if Breville makes any classic thin round waffle makers that make Waffle House-style waffles. Well, the answer is a resounding, “Yes!”.
The Breville BWM520XL No Mess classic round waffle maker is the only Breville thin classic-style waffle maker. The Breville BWM520XL can bake one Waffle House-style waffle at a time. It has a 6-inch diameter and 0.5-inch thickness. It has durable stainless steel housing, an anti-overflow channel for stopping overflowing batter from dripping down the sides, and thick aluminum cooking plates for even heat distribution.
Learn MoreThe Breville BWM520XL No Mess was released in September 2015 and so far it has garnered over 500 Amazon customer reviews. The average Amazon customer rating was 4.6 out of 5 stars which makes it the highest-rated classic-style waffle maker. Out of more than 500 customer reviews, 79% percent of the reviews were for 5 stars, which comes out to more than 400 5-star customer reviews, and 10% percent of the reviews were for 4 stars. Only about 11% of the customer reviews were for 3 stars or lower.
Unfortunately, there is no Breville waffle maker that uses removable plates. Even though the Breville waffle plates are not removable, they are easy to clean because of the nonstick coating that allows waffles to slide right off as long as you use enough eggs and oil in your waffle batter recipe.
All-Clad is Breville’s main rival in the high-end waffle maker market and they happen to have a waffle maker with removable plates, the All Clad Digital Gourmet 4-Square Belgian Waffle Maker. The All Clad Digital waffle maker has dishwasher safe removable plates that make it much easier to clean.
The best Breville waffle makers are the Breville Smart Waffle Pro and Smart Waffle Waffle Makers but they are all Belgian waffle makers and they are more expensive because they come with many features not found in the Breville No Mess.
The Breville Smart Waffle Pro is the best 4 slice Belgian waffle maker on the market because it has the most browning and batter settings and it comes with an LCD screen, countdown timer, extra browning button, and restart button.
Breville vs All Clad Classic Round Waffle Makers
The Breville BWM520XL No Mess is the best classic waffle maker because it is the easiest to clean, most reliable, and has the best heat distribution. It also has a durable stainless steel housing, seven temperature settings, and nonstick, PFOA-free waffle plates.
The main competition for the Breville BWM520XL No Mess is the All-Clad 99012GT Classic Round Waffle Maker. The Breville No Mess is better than the All-Clad 99012GT because it is easier to clean and has better heat distribution.
The Breville No Mess takes up more counter space than the All-Clad 99012GT because it is bulkier than the All-Clad 99012GT. The measurements of the Breville BWM520XL are 12″ (length) x 9.5″ (width) x 5.25″ (height) while the All Clad 99012GT has slightly smaller dimensions with measurements of 11.75″ x 8.5″ x 4.5″.
Most reliable performance of any classic waffle maker
The Breville BWM520XL No Mess has the most reliable performance of any classic waffle maker, including the All Clad 99012GT, Cuisinart WMR-CA, Black and Decker G48TD 3-in-1 and Chef’s Choice 840 WafflePro. It can consistently bake one great-tasting waffle after another better than the All-Clad 99012GT or any other classic waffle maker. However, the Breville BWM520XL is more expensive than the Cuisinart WMR-CA, Black and Decker G48TD 3-in-1 and Chef’s Choice 840 WafflePro.
Easiest to clean
The Breville BWM520XL No-Mess waffle maker is not as aesthetically pleasing as the All-Clad 99012GT Classic Waffle Maker but it is much easier to clean. The Breville BWM520XL No-Mess waffle maker is the easiest to clean because it utilizes a no-mess overflow moat that captures any extra batter which stops it from dripping down the sides and spilling onto your countertop. Also it will cook the extra batter and turn it into delicious waffle bites for you to enjoy.
High quality build
Both the Breville BWM520XL No Mess and All Clad classic round waffle makers have a heavy duty stainless steel housing and die-cast aluminum cooking plates that will ensure these appliances are durable and will last for a long time.
Even Heat Distribution
The Breville BWM520XL No Mess heats the cooking surfaces more evenly than the All-Clad 99012GT because it comes with the best die-cast aluminum cooking plates and thermally engineered heating elements that do a better job of circulating the heat around the top and bottom of the waffle. Also the Breville BWM520XL uses 900 watts of power while the All-Clad 99012GT uses 850 watts. This means that both sides of the thin waffle are evenly cooked in only 3-5 minutes and there are no raw or uncooked batter pockets.
The Breville BWM520XL No-Mess waffle maker is bulky so it does not have the sleek look of the All-Clad 99012GT Classic Waffle Maker but it is much easier to clean and it is more consistent at making great tasting Classic waffles.
Best Features of the Breville BWM520XL No-Mess Waffle Maker
• The Breville No Mess Waffle will bake one 6.5″ diameter, 0.5″ thick round waffle at a time with 4 sections
• No mess overflow channel – It has an overflow channel that surrounds the edge of the bottom cooking plate for catching any overflowing batter. It also bakes it into crispy waffle bites so you won’t be wasting any batter with this appliance. This will reduce the mess on the sides of the machine and countertops, making cleaning up much easier.
• Thick, Heavy Die-Cast Aluminum Cooking Plates ensure even cooking and superior heat retention resulting in short baking and reheat times
• Thermal Pro Even Heat: Thermally engineered heating elements ensure even heat distribution
• PFOA-free Non-Stick Surface: Premium PFOA-free nonstick coating prevents waffles from sticking and makes cleaning up really easy but it still contains PTFE which is used to make Teflon.
• 7 setting browning control dial: 7 Browning settings allow you to customize the waffle crispiness and color from light to dark
• Stainless Steel Housing
• Power indicator light indicates when your waffle maker is powered on and preheating the cooking plates to the selected cooking temperature
• Ready indicator light and audible chime signals when the optimal temperature is reached or when your waffle is done cooking
• Lid locks in-place – There is a locking mechanism will lock the lid securely in-place so that you can store this unit vertically to reduce its footprint
• Power consumption: 900 Watts
• Dimensions: 11.5″ (Length) x 9.5″ (Width) x 5.7″ (Height)
• Weight: 6.7 pounds
Pros and Cons
|• Most reliable performance of any classic waffle maker
• Least expensive Breville waffle maker
• Overflow channel: This moat wraps around the entire outer edge of the bottom waffle plate catches any excess batter and bakes it, preventing your countertop from getting too messy.
• Thick and Heavy Aluminum cooking plates heat your waffles really quickly and reheat quickly for the next one
• Thermally engineered 900 watt heating elements distribute heat evenly so that each bite of your waffle has the same delicious taste
• Non-Stick Surface: PFOA-free nonstick coating stops waffles from sticking and falling apart
• 7-setting Browning Control Dial: 7 settings give you a lot of options for customizing the waffle color (anything from light to dark) and crispiness
• Stainless Steel Housing
|• Bulkier and heavier than other waffle makers
• The All Clad Classic round waffle maker has a better aesthetic than this Breville waffle maker
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are there any other high-end Classic waffle makers worth mentioning?
The only high-end Classic waffle makers on the market are the Breville No Mess waffle maker and All-Clad 99012GT Classic Waffle Maker. Both the Breville No Mess and All-Clad 99012GT have many of the same features.
How do you clean the Breville No Mess waffle maker?
The plates of the Breville No Mess can be easily cleaned with a damp cloth or nylon brush and soapy water. The Breville No Mess is very easy to clean because the wrap-around moat surrounds the waffle grid which enables it to collect any overflowing waffle batter and bakes the excess batter into tasty waffle bites which prevent batter from flowing down the sides of the waffle iron and dripping onto your counter.
You should not use a metal fork or scouring pad on the non-stick surface because this will damage it and your waffles will start sticking a lot more.
Are there any Breville waffle makers with removable plates?
No there are no Breville waffle makers that have removable plates. All of the Breville waffle irons have fixed waffle plates which means the grids cannot be removed but they are still really easy to clean.
How can you tell if the Breville No Mess is hot enough to cook the batter?
The Breville No Mess comes with power and ready indicator lights. The power light will turn orange to indicate that the appliance is on. The ready light will turn blue when the appliance has completed preheating and reached the optimal cooking temperature to indicate it is fully heated up and ready to cook.
Does the Breville No Mess have a temperature control knob?
Yes the Breville No Mess comes with 7 different temperature settings ranging from 1 (lightest) to MAX (darkest) to adjust the brownness of your waffle. You can rotate the temperature dial clockwise to increase the brownness or counterclockwise to decrease it.
Does this device come with audible alerts?
Yes it does. Three audible alerts will sound and the ready light will turn on if the waffle iron has completed preheating. Once the device is done cooking your waffle, three audible alerts will sound and the ready light will turn on.
Will this waffle maker cook the waffles evenly?
Yes the Breville No Mess waffle maker comes with a Thermal Pro Even Heat feature that consists of thermally engineered heating elements that ensure even heat distribution across the die-cast cooking plates so that you will not get anymore raw batter pockets and extra crispy edges.
How do you use this waffle maker?
The Ready light will turn blue when the waffle iron has completed preheating. After the batter is poured evenly onto the waffle plate and the lid is closed, the baking cycle begins and the ready light will switch off. At the end of the baking cycle, three audible alerts will sound and the ready light will turn back on.
Are there any Breville waffle makers with ceramic cooking plates?
Yes there is one Breville waffle maker with ceramic plates that do not contain any Teflon, the Breville VST072 DuraCeramic Waffle Maker. However, it is only available in the United Kingdom.
Table of Contents
- 1 Breville vs All Clad Classic Round Waffle Makers
- 2 Best Features of the Breville BWM520XL No-Mess Waffle Maker
- 3 Pros and Cons
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 4.1 Are there any other high-end Classic waffle makers worth mentioning?
- 4.2 How do you clean the Breville No Mess waffle maker?
- 4.3 Are there any Breville waffle makers with removable plates?
- 4.4 How can you tell if the Breville No Mess is hot enough to cook the batter?
- 4.5 Does the Breville No Mess have a temperature control knob?
- 4.6 Does this device come with audible alerts?
- 4.7 Will this waffle maker cook the waffles evenly?
- 4.8 How do you use this waffle maker?
- 4.9 Are there any Breville waffle makers with ceramic cooking plates?
- 4.10 Related