his article will give you a detailed review of the Hamilton Beach 26030 and 26031 Flip Belgian Durathon ceramic waffle makers that can make one round Belgian waffle at a time. The 26031 is an upgrade from the 26030. The only difference between the two is that the 26031 has Eco-friendly ceramic-coated waffle plates instead of the Teflon-coated plates found in the 26030. The Hamilton Beach 26031 is the most Eco-friendly Flip Belgian waffle maker with removable plates.
Another great thing about the Hamilton Beach Flip Belgian waffle maker with removable plates is that it is easier to clean than other waffle makers. This is because this Hamilton Beach Flip Belgian waffle maker uses removable plates that can be removed and cleaned in a dishwasher, making it much easier to clean.
The Hamilton Beach 26031 has a 180-degree flip rotating feature that enables it to cook the waffle faster and more evenly than the other great non-Flip Belgian waffle makers on the market, like the All-Clad Gourmet, Cuisinart WAF-300, and KRUPS GQ502D.
Both the Hamilton Beach 26030 and 26031 will bake 1 round-shaped Belgian waffle at a time in 5 to 8 minutes. This waffle has a 7-inch diameter and 1-inch thickness and it can be easily divided into 4 pieces. This circular Belgian waffle is much thicker than the thin, Eggo-style waffles that come from the very best thin classic round waffle makers. Unfortunately, Hamilton Beach does not have a waffle maker that makes American-style waffles.
The Hamilton Beach 26031 uses a Durathon ceramic nonstick coating that is non-toxic and does not contain any PTFE or PFOA. Teflon is the brand name for PTFE so this waffle iron is safe to use. This Durathon ceramic coating makes the Hamilton Beach 26031 one of the best ceramic waffle makers because it is 4X more durable than Teflon coating so it is less likely to crack or peel.
This appliance is well-built and durable. The flip-rotating mechanism allows you to flip the grids so that the batter spreads evenly between the waffle grids. The waffle batter will end up cooking better on both sides which will speed up the baking time.
Since it comes with two removable waffle grids and they are dishwasher safe, this appliance is really easy to clean. You can just take out the plates and put them in the dishwasher. This waffle iron is expensive so it is not one of the cheapest waffle makers that is available online.
This appliance cannot make hamburgers or paninis so if you want to buy an appliance that can make them, you should purchase a 5-in-1 panini press instead.
|Features and Specifications|
Hamilton Beach 26031 Flip Nonstick Belgian Waffle Maker
Secura Detachable 360 Rotating Belgian Waffle Maker with Removable Plates
Hamilton Beach 26010 Flip Nonstick Belgian Waffle Maker
Hamilton Beach 26009 Nonstick Belgian Waffle Baker
|Flip (Rotating) Feature||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|Mess Free (deep grid design and batter overflow channel)||No||Yes||No||No|
|Removable Drip Tray||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|Variable Temperature Control||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Baking Time||5 minutes||5 minutes||5 minutes||5 minutes|
|Number of Waffles||1 (divided into 4 sections)||1 (divided into 4 sections)||1 (divided into 4 sections)||2|
|Size of Waffles||7 inch diameter|
1/2 inch thick
|7 inch diameter|
1/2 inch thick
|7 inch diameter|
1/2 inch thick
|4 inch square
1/2 inch thick
|Audible Alert Signal (indicates when waffle is done baking)||No||No||No||No|
|Ready To Bake Indicator Light||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Ready To Eat Indicator Light||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Dimensions (in inches)||10.5 x 16 x 9.2 inches||17 x 10.1 x 6.4 inches||9.5 x 15.3 x 8.5 inches||4.53" Height x 8.66" Width x 7.72" Depth|
|Weight||6.8 pounds||4.2 pounds||5.8 pounds||4.1 pounds|
• heats and reheats quickly between uses
• waffle plates can be removed and cleaned in a dishwasher
• ceramic coating on cooking plates contains no Teflon, which means it does not have PTFE, PFOA or any other toxic material
• nonstick coating is really easy to clean
• flip feature enables the bottom heating element to cook both the top and bottom of the waffle which gives you a perfectly formed waffle that has the right amount of browning
• collapsible handle gives the appliance a smaller footprint which makes it easier to store in a cabinet
• temperature knob has 5-different shade or browning levels
• no on/off button (you will have to pull the plug out of the outlet to turn off the machine)
• no digital timer
• more expensive than most Belgian style waffle makers but it is well-built so it will last for a long time
Features of the Hamilton Beach 26031 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker
• Flip rotation feature enables you to easily flip the waffle grids 180 or 360 degrees to spread the batter more evenly so that you end up with thick, fluffy, restaurant-style Belgian waffles
• Cool-touch, collapsible flip handle protects your hand from the heat generated from the steam and folds up to take up less space
• Brushed stainless steel exterior housing does a good job of hiding fingerprints and is sturdy and beautiful
• Advanced heating technology evenly bakes and browns your waffles so that there are no burnt or raw spots and each morsel of your waffle tastes the same
• Eco-friendly Durathon ceramic coating does not contain any PTFE or PFOA and is four times more durable than Teflon so it won’t flake off.
• Adjustable browning control dial comes with five temperature settings that determine the temperature that the regulation thermostat tries to maintain the cooking plates at
• Red power on light tells you when the power is on
• Two green ready-to-cook/serve indicator lights tell you when to add batter or when your waffles are done. The one located on the lid lights up when the cooking plates have reached the selected temperature, causing the thermostat to cut the power off to both heating elements. After you pour the waffle batter on the bottom plate, the temperature drops, causing the thermostat to switch the power to the heating elements back on, causing the indicator light to turn off.
The other indicator light is located right underneath the bottom plate and it will light up after there is no more moisture left in the waffle and the temperature of the plates reach the selected temperature, causing the thermostat and heating elements to turn off again.
• Drip tray placed underneath the cooking plates catches excess waffle batter dripping down the sides of the plates
• Plates and drip tray are dishwasher safe which makes them easier to clean
• Dimensions (LxWxH): 14.88″ (Length) x 9.9″ (Width) x 9.06″ (Height) inches
• Weight: 7.83 pounds
How do you use the Hamilton Beach 26031 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker?
1. Plug the power cord into your electrical outlet, causing the red ‘Power’ indicator light to light up. You should spray a small amount of nonstick cooking spray on the top and bottom plate before preheating.
2. Choose a setting on the temperature control dial and preheat with the top plate closed until the ‘Ready’ indicator light turns green to indicate that the plates have reached the selected baking temperature.
3. Lift the top plate and pour about 1 cup (250 ml) of batter onto the center of the bottom plate, allowing it to spread and fill the pockets of the bottom plate. Then lower the cover and be careful not to pour too much batter onto grids because it may overflow. Included is a drip tray that you place under the plates which will catch the excess batter.
4. Then within 10 seconds of lowering the cover turn the cool-touch handle clockwise to flip the waffle maker and lock it into place. Your waffle will be done in about 5–8 minutes, depending on the setting, recipe, and when the appliance stops steaming.
5. Using an oven mitt, turn the handle counterclockwise and open the cover. Be certain to use an oven mitt to protect your hand while opening a hot waffle maker because the steam coming out of the sides of the appliance can burn your skin.
6. Remove the waffle with a plastic or wooden utensil. You should not use a metal utensil because it will damage the nonstick coating of the appliance.
7. This appliance will reheat quickly for your next waffle. If you want to make another waffle, just begin the entire process again starting with step 2 by closing the lid. The plates are pretty thick so they should retain a lot of heat, shortening the preheating process to only about 2 minutes. After the light turns back on, pour more batter onto the bottom plate. You only have to begin the preheating process again from step 1, if you unplug the device and let the plates cool down too much.
8. Unplug the device when you are finished to let it cool down.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does the Hamilton Beach 26031 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker have a coating that is safe and Eco-friendly?
Yes it does because it uses a Durathon ceramic coating that contains no PTFE or PFOA.
Does the Hamilton Beach 26031 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker have cooking plates (grids) that can be easily removed?
Yes it does. It comes with 2 waffle grids that you can easily remove and they are dishwasher safe as well. This means you can just put them in your dishwasher once you are done using this appliance. This makes this waffle maker really easy to clean and is a great feature that many people look for when they are shopping for waffle makers.
What is the Browning control dial for?
It allows you to vary the temperature that you want to bake the batter at. The markings on the dial go from Min, 1, 2 and 3. If you want your waffles a little browner and crispier, you should choose something in the 2 to 3 range.
How can you tell when to pour in the batter?
There is a green ready to cook indicator light that will tell you when the waffle maker is preheated and ready for the batter to be poured onto the grids.
How can you tell when the waffle baker is done baking your Belgian waffle?
The green ready to cook indicator light will turn off when the appliance starts baking and it will turn back on again when it is done. It should take between 5 to 8 minutes depending on the recipe you use.
Is it safe to open a hot waffle maker with your bare hand?
No. Never do this. Please do not touch the cover with your bare hand because the cover is really hot and the escaping steam can burn your hand.
Does the Hamilton Beach 26030 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker come with a drip tray to catch the excess batter?
Yes it does. Just put it under the appliance while you are pouring in the batter. It will catch the excess batter if you pour too much onto the grids.
How thick are the waffles?
The waffles are more than 1/2 inch thick.
How deep are the pockets in the waffles?
The pockets are between 1/4 inch to 3/8 inch deep.
Does the Hamilton Beach 26031 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker come with a timer?
No it does not. Most waffle makers do not come with timers. You will have to use a kitchen egg timer or some other timer to figure out when to shut off the machine.
Are there any flip Belgian waffle makers that come with a timer?
Yes there is. A really popular flip Belgian waffle maker is the Presto 03510 FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker (with timer), which is made out of stainless steel, comes with a digital timer. You cannot remove the grids but these plates have a nonstick coating so they will be really easy to clean.
Will this waffle maker shut itself down when it is done baking your waffle?
No it will not. It does not come with an on/off switch. You will have to pull the plug out of the outlet to turn off the machine.
Table of Contents
- 1 Pros
- 2 Cons
- 3 Video Demonstration
- 4 Features of the Hamilton Beach 26031 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker
- 5 How do you use the Hamilton Beach 26031 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker?
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 6.1 Does the Hamilton Beach 26031 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker have a coating that is safe and Eco-friendly?
- 6.2 Does the Hamilton Beach 26031 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker have cooking plates (grids) that can be easily removed?
- 6.3 What is the Browning control dial for?
- 6.4 How can you tell when to pour in the batter?
- 6.5 How can you tell when the waffle baker is done baking your Belgian waffle?
- 6.6 Is it safe to open a hot waffle maker with your bare hand?
- 6.7 Does the Hamilton Beach 26030 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker come with a drip tray to catch the excess batter?
- 6.8 How thick are the waffles?
- 6.9 How deep are the pockets in the waffles?
- 6.10 Does the Hamilton Beach 26031 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker come with a timer?
- 6.11 Are there any flip Belgian waffle makers that come with a timer?
- 6.12 Will this waffle maker shut itself down when it is done baking your waffle?
- 6.13 Related