All Clad is primarily known for its fully-clad stainless steel cookware sets that are worth every penny of their high price tags. Each of its pots and pans is made from bonded or cladded layers of aluminum and stainless steel to take advantage of the superior thermal conductivity of aluminum and the outstanding strength and durability of stainless steel.
Many fans of their All Clad cookware sets who also love eating thin, classic-style waffles are probably wondering if they make any classic round waffle makers that make the same type of thin non-Belgian round waffles sold at Waffle House. Well, the answer is yes.
All Clad 99012GT
The All Clad 99012GT is the only All Clad thin non belgian waffle iron that makes Waffle House style waffles, which are slightly larger versions of the crispy, Eggo waffles your mother used to make when you were a kid.
Unfortunately, All Clad does not sell a non-Belgian waffle iron that uses dishwasher-safe removable grids but the nonstick coating still makes the waffle plates easy to clean.
The All Clad 99012GT waffle maker bakes one waffle at a time that measures 6.5 inches in diameter and 0.5 inches in thickness. The pockets or indentations of these thin waffles will be shallower and narrower than the deeper and wider pockets of a typical Belgian waffle.
Breville vs All Clad
The Breville BWM520XL and All-Clad 99012GT waffle makers are the best thin round waffle makers on the market because of their even heat distribution across the cooking plates, precise temperature settings, and heavy-duty construction. The Breville BWM520XL No Mess waffle maker is better than the All Clad 99012GT because of its ease of cleaning and ability to cook the waffle more evenly.
The Breville BWM520XL and All-Clad 99012GT waffle makers are the two most expensive classic-style waffle makers on the market. The best classic waffle maker under $35 is the Cuisinart WMR-CA but the Cuisinart WMR-CA does not have the durability or heat distribution of the All-Clad 99012GT or Breville BWM520XL.
The All Clad 99012GT waffle maker makes it really easy to make the same waffles that have been a staple at your breakfast table for decades. Each Classic waffle features four easy-cut sections and small pockets for holding delicious toppings including melted butter, maple syrup, whipped cream, and even small pieces of fruit such as strawberries.
It uses really thick and heavy aluminum cooking plates to give your waffles really even baking and browning so that you will not find any raw or undercooked waffle centers. These plates conduct and retain heat really well which means they will evenly bake every inch of your waffle batter so that your waffle does not end up with any raw patches or burnt spots.
It also has a series of vents that help release steam which will stop the build-up of moisture that can make your waffle soggy instead of crispy. The waffle grids come with a nonstick cooking coating that makes it really easy to remove the waffle which, of course, will make cleaning up much easier.
The All Clad 99012GT is really simple to use. All you have to do is plug in the device and let it heat up to the ideal temperature. After the waffle iron reaches the ideal temperature, you will hear a beep and a green ready LED indicator light will turn on to indicate that the device is ready to bake, in which case you pour the waffle batter onto the bottom waffle grid, close the lid, and turn the temperature control knob to any one of the seven browning levels that meet your tastes that day. Once you close the lid, the ready indicator light turns off. After the appliance is finished cooking, it will beep and turn the ready indicator light back on to indicate that the task is complete.
All Clad Belgian Waffle Makers
All-Clad also has four great Belgian waffle makers, the All Clad Gourmet WD822D51 (Manual model) and WD824D51 (Digital model with LCD screen), and the All Clad 99010GT (4-square) and 99011GT (2-square). The All Clad Gourmet WD822D51 and WD824D51 waffle irons with removable grids are All Clad’s only waffle irons with removable grids.
The All Clad Digital Gourmet 4 square Belgian waffle maker with removable plates has an LCD screen, countdown timer, pre-programmed waffle types, sturdy stainless steel housing, and thick cooking plates for even heat distribution, all of which make it the best waffle maker with removable plates on the market.
The removable plates of the All Clad Digital Gourmet waffle maker can be placed in a dishwasher while the fixed waffle plates of the All Clad 99012GT, 99011GT, and 99010GT have to be cleaned by hand with a brush and damp cloth.
The All Clad Gourmet WD824D51 is constructed from higher quality materials and it does a great job of evenly distributing the heat across your waffles. However, the All-Clad Gourmet WD824D51 Belgian Waffle Maker is twice as expensive as the All Clad 99010GT 4-Square Belgian Waffle Maker.
All of the All Clad waffle makers are easy to learn how to use and clean. Before you clean any of these All Clad waffle makers, please make certain that you don’t scratch the nonstick coating because this will make your waffles more likely to stick to the cooking plates and fall apart.
• Makes one round-shaped classic waffle at a time with 4 easy-to-cut sections
• Each Classic waffle measures 6.5 inches in diameter and 0.5-inch in thickness
• Safe, PFOA-free nonstick coating on the waffle grids makes it really easy for the waffle to slide right off
• 7-setting temperature control dial
• Vents release steam so that excess condensation does not make your waffle too soggy
• Advanced heating technology will give your waffles consistent baking and browning
• Red power LED indicator light tells you when the device is powered on and preheating and an audible beep indicates when the device is properly preheated
• Green ready to cook and ready to eat LED indicator light – The green ready LED indicator light turns on when the waffle iron is hot enough to bake your batter. It will turn off after you pour the batter and close the lid. When the waffle is finished baking, this indicator light will come back on and there will be an audible beep notification to indicate that the baking cycle is over.
• Heavy-duty stainless steel body with branded stainless steel handles riveted to the body
• compact size space saving locking latch and lid allows you to store the appliance vertically
• integrated cord storage
• Stainless Steel Housing
• Coating on cooking plates – PFOA-Free nonstick coating
• 7 temperature settings
• Dimensions – 13.5″(Length) x 10″(Width) x 7″(Height)
• Weight – 3 pounds
• Country of Origin – China
• Release Date – August 2013
All-Clad 99012GT Classic Waffle Maker Pros and Cons
|• 850 watts of power will give you a fast baking time of about 3 minutes
• wrap-around moat for catching and baking overflowing batter into crispy waffle bites so that batter does not drip down the sides
• 7 Browning settings – 7 different baking times for 7 different temperatures
• Audible beep will tell you when the plates are hot enough to pour in the batter and when your waffles are done baking
• Stainless Steel Housing makes this appliance really durable
• Steam-release vents prevent condensation buildup which means your waffles will come out crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside
|• Does not have removable waffle plates like the All-Clad Gourmet WD822D51
• No LCD screen or countdown timer or restart button
• No on/off button so to turn off this waffle maker you will have to pull out the plug